Healing from Brain Injury article June 2, 2016 09:59
Brain injury can be devastating, whether from concussion, stroke or TIA. There is hope - tocotrienols are now proven to improve recovery and increase protection against brain injury.
Tocotrienols are a natural form of vitamin E. While found in our daily diet, generally in cereal grains (oat, barley, rye and rice bran), the more effective tocotrienol dosage for recovery from brain injury is derived from palm oil. The tocotrienols from EVNol SupraBio, as found in Toco-X-Krill from Biomed, are backed by research to heal brain injuries.
Over the last 25 years, research funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH) has identified six impressive health benefits that can be derived from tocotrienols (verses regular vitamin E tocopherols) including neuroprotection, cardioprotection, liver and skin health, hair growth, and immunity. These benefits are based on both double-blind placebo-controlled human clinical trials (using tocotrienols from EVNol SupraBio) and over 700 published papers.
Neuroprotection Against Stroke Induced Brain Injuries
Prof. C. Sen at the Ohio State University Medical Center and NIH researched the use of tocotrienols (EVNol SupraBio) for neuroprotection and reducing white matter stroke-induced lesions. Specifically, EVNol SupraBio prevented loss of white matter fiber tract connectivity following stroke and triggered an increase in blood circulation through collateral arteries to the area of the brain that suffered ischemic stroke (Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2011).
Studies (in vitro, in vivo and human clinical trials) have shown that oral supplementation of d-mixed tocotrienols, containing a minimum of 100nM of d-alpha tocotrienol, protect against stroke-induced injuries and support healthy nerve/brain cells. This is a significant finding, as it shows a prophylactic potential for people at high risk for stroke and those who have had transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke).
There are five identified mechanisms to illustrate how tocotrienols prevent stroke-induced injuries and apoptosis, namely in modulating chemical signals within the neuronal cells and protect these cells from stroke-induced degeneration:
- Inhibition of C-src kinase (Sen et al 2000, 2007)
- Inhibition of 12-Lipoxygenase (Khanna et al 2003)
- Inhibition of Phospholipase A2 (Sen et al 2010)
- Up-regulation of Multidrug Resistance-Associated Protein 1 (MRP1) (Sen et al 2011)
- Inhibition of 12-LOX activity to preserve miR29b (neuronal survival factor) (Khanna S et al 2013)
Neuroprotection Through Reducing the Progression of White Matter Lesions (WML)
Brain WMLs are abnormal hyper-intense regions observed in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). They are related to vascular events of the brain and an indication of fragile brain vascular networks, a prognostic measure for future stroke risk. Human clinical trials involved volunteers with confirmed WMLs through MRI and cardiovascular risk factors. After 2 years of taking 200 mg twice daily of mixed d-tocotrienols from EVNol SupraBio, results revealed a reduction of white matter lesions in the brain (as published in Stroke (2014) 45(5):1422-8), which reduces the risk of full blown stroke.
Healing From Brain Injury
The application for tocotrienols are widespread, ranging from aging to neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer’s, dementia) and injury to the brain through stroke, TIA, and concussions. Tocotrienols are emerging as the most potent neuroprotective form of natural vitamin E, and are integral for brain health and brain protection, especially among baby boomers and the senior population. With benefits beyond neuroprotection, use Toco-X-Krill (containing EVNol SupraBio mixed d-tocotrienols) with all your at-risk and patients over 50 years old.
Toco-X-Krill Dosage recommendations: Neuroprotection, brain protection (reduce risk of stroke) - 4 cap daily.
Healthy cognitive function (Alzheimer’s prevention) - 2 caps daily.
Improve blood circulation (reduce arterial stiffness, blood clotting and atherosclerosis - reduce risk of stroke) - 1- 4 caps daily.
* caution/warning - not to be used in patients taking blood thinners
Your Best Defense Against Inflammation: Proteolytic Enzymes May 2, 2016 11:04
Enzymes are essential for life and are required for normal functioning of all organs systems. The human body has a finite number of enzymes for production with half of them used up by the age of 25. Supplementing with systemic enzymes will promote longevity, better overall health and indirectly support digestion before being excreted from the body.
The biocatalyst actions of systemic enzymes act throughout the entire body by increasing the rate of chemical reactions. As part of the systemic enzyme category, proteolytic (protein eating) enzymes are some of the most important enzymes for existence. Proteolytic enzymes, either manufactured within the body or obtained through food/supplementation, influence 3,000 different enzymes and lead to 25,000 - 30,000 enzymatic reactions.
During the 1960’s, German practitioners began using therapeutic proteolytic enzymes. The original German systemic enzyme formulas (including Wobenzym) contained the combination of pancreatin, trypsin, chymotrypsin, bromelain and papain. Since that time, newer and stronger enzymes became available, which include Peptizyme SP (serrapeptidase).
Peptizyme SP is the strongest form of fibrolytic enzymes commercially available worldwide, with 5-8x more fibrolytic properties than chymotrypsin and trypsin. This is important because fibrolytic enzymes take lead from the strongest fibrolytic action. It is enteric coated and resistant to heat and acid, thus ensuring survival through stomach acid while travelling to the small intestine. Serrapeptidase (as found in Peptizyme SP) has remarkable anti-inflammatory and anti-edemic (decreases fluid retention and swelling) activity. It is particularly beneficial in fibrocystic breast disease and upper respiratory conditions (by clearing mucous from the lungs through reduction of neutrophils) including sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, and COPD.
Proteolytic enzymes are indicated to reduce inflammatory involvement in conditions including:
- Food allergies
- Digestion support
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pancreatic insufficiency
- Fibrocystic breast disease
- Cancer prevention and recovery
- Post-surgical recovery, scar tissue
- Inflammation, sports injuries and trauma
- Cleanse debris in circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Heart health, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
- Viral conditions: hepatitis C, herpes zoster (shingles)
- Respiratory conditions: asthma, sinusitis, bronchitis, and COPD
Proteolytic enzymes are involved in numerous systems. Here a summary of the key benefits:
- anti-inflammatory - selectively lyses pro-inflammatory cytokines in cases of sports injuries, acute injuries, surgery, sprains and any chronic inflammatory processes (including respiratory, musculoskeletal and cardiovascular conditions).
- decrease pain - through reducing inflammation.
- anti-fibrosis - dissolves fibrous tissue including scar tissue, arterial blockages, fibrocystic breast tissue and fibroids of the uterus.
- blood cleansing - dissolves arterial plaques, removes high levels of blood plasma lipids, reduces risk of blood clots, and acts as a blood thinner.
- immune system modulation - either boost immune system function or downshifts the immune system.
- anti-virus and anti-bacteria – bacteria, viruses, molds and fungi are protein/amino acid based - lyses proteins associated with bacteria and viruses to prevent further replication and renders them neutral.
- digestion – protein digestion, pancreatic insufficiency, and mal-absorption.
In conclusion, systemic enzymes are a natural way to fight inflammation and keep the body healthy, fit and young. They decrease pain and inflammation in the body, reduce fibrosis growing in the body, maintain the immune system, cleanse the blood, fight off viruses and bacteria and support digestion.
Clearizyme (with Peptizyme SP) is ideal for your patient’s defense against inflammation and your best choice for powerful systemic and proteolytic enzymes.
Recommended Clearizyme dosage: Take 1 capsule (in between meals) up to 4 times a day, or on the advice of a health care practitioner. Enteric coated, swallow with water on an empty stomach.
Why health practitioners choose Clearizyme as their preferred systemic enzyme:
- Contains animal based pancreatin - long-lasting 24 - 36 hours in the body, versus 4 - 6 hours with plant based enzyme blends.
- Enteric coated Peptizyme SP and Pancreatin within each capsule.
- Resistant to acid and heat in the stomach - engineered to survive the stomach acid while travelling to the small intestine for absorption.
- Contains 50 mg of Peptizyme SP plus chymotrypsin (compared to only chymotrypsin in Wobenzym)
- Peptizyme SP (Serrapeptidase) is the strongest form of fibrolytic enzymes available, being 5 - 8x more potent fibrolytic than chymotrypsin alone.
- Taken on an empty stomach, it is absorbed through the intestinal wall and ultimately into the blood, thus prevents acting as a digestion enzyme.
Allergies - What Lies Beneath the Surface March 30, 2016 09:08
Allergies are an over-reaction of the immune system to harmless substances. While blocking histamines and avoiding the substances are common practice, they are not addressing the root cause. Just as the majority of an iceberg is submerged underwater, the most important contributing factors for allergies are hidden from sight.
Addressing allergies begins with recognizing that the allergen is a triggering factor to an over-reaction of the immune system. According to Biological Medicine principles, this reaction is an indication of a severely disturbed internal milieu, compromised intestinal mucous membranes, and a weakened bacterial colony. Destruction of the intestinal mucous membranes results in the destruction of the Peyer’s patches and stunts the villous (villi and microvilli) folds. This further result in decreased IgA and IgG and Peyer’s patch defense cells (T3 and T4). Intestinal immunity makes up 90% of the immune system, hence plays a large role in allergy symptomo-logy.
Restoration of the intestinal mucosa should include acid-base balance to reduce hyperacidity of the milieu, support digestive functions and promote healthy symbiotic bacterial colonies. Allergens should be identified and avoided, in addition to removing histamine-rich foods and following a hypo-allergenic diet. Resolving intestinal dysbiosis will modulate allergic tendencies and promote a balanced symbiosis of the bacterial colonies.
Another consideration for allergies lies in the body-mind connection. From the psychoenergetic perspective, Dr. Reimar Banis, MD, ND relates allergies to psychological hypersensitivity, with long-term oppressive, denial of power, and discouraging situations weakening the immune system (supported by psychoneuroimmunology). His clinical experience also indicates that intestinal dysbiosis, the intestinal flora and hyperacidification must be addressed for the successful treatment of allergies.
Below the surface, allergies are a greater indication of a disturbed internal milieu. Reduction and elimination of allergies can be achieved through emotional detox, acid-base balance, replenishing intestinal flora, and improving regulation of the intestinal mucous membranes to support a strong immune system.
For more information:
- The Importance of an Intestinal Mucous Membrane Regenerating Diet Increasing the Effectiveness of Isopathic Remedies by Konrad Werthmann, MD
- Allergies, What Now? Causes, Clarification and Holistic Treatment of Allergies by Thomas Rau, MD
- Allergies and their Holistic Treatment by Reimar Banis, MD
The Best Way to Obtain Nutrients for the Body March 2, 2016 10:07
Food is the dominant means for the human body to obtain nutrients. However, the nutritional value of food sources has been gradually decreasing over the past decades due to soil nutrient depletion. Today’s farmland soils are 55% to 85% less nutrient rich than they were in the 1950s. This nutrient depletion has resulted in the necessity of supplementing our diet with vitamins, minerals and micronutrients.
Statistics reveal that one in every three adults takes some form of nutritional supplementation on a regular basis. Yet, the vast majority of vitamins and minerals consumed today are derived from synthetic, laboratory derived chemicals, known as “USP” or “isolated chemical nutrients”. USP isolates are in a form the body can not readily accept, because they are isolated from other critical components, naturally found in food and necessary for proper nutrient utilization in the body.
There are principally four ways in which nutritional substances are obtained by the body:
- Real Food
- Re-natured (Food Nutrient) or whole-food extracts
- Amino acid chelates
- Isolated chemical (USP) form
Comparison of Nutrients from Different Sources
Real Organic Food
The best source of nutrients
As close to food as possible. Greater bioavailability and effectiveness than chelated minerals and isolated nutrients.
Amino acid chelates
Better than isolated nutrients.
Isolated (USP) Nutrients
Least effective source of nutrients, better than no supplementation, but often given in doses larger than the body can process.
Amino acid chelates - The micronutrients in amino acid chelates are in complex form with amino acids, and thus are more available for the body to utilize compared to the isolated chemicals. Unfortunately, this method has its short comings, as chelated vitamins and minerals deliver only a single vitamin or mineral on a single amino acid. In addition, they are not protected from attack by digestive juices resulting in few vitamins or minerals being properly absorbed.
Isolated Chemical Nutrients - The majority of the thirteen recognized vitamins cannot be chemically isolated in a stable form, therefore are converted to salts such as thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1) or pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), which are forms not found in nature. In addition, many vitamins are chemically synthesized to produce a pure isolate by processes which have little connection with food. The same problem exists with minerals - the sources used to create them are mainly inorganic or organic salts. Isolated chemical nutrients may eventually be absorbed either through mega doses or because they are in the form of very tiny particles. But, when they enter the blood stream there is no mechanism to target their delivery. Since the body does not recognize them, they are frequently either deposited in the wrong tissue or flushed out of the body. These chemical isolates do not come close to the efficiency of food in providing the body with nutrients in an easily accessible form.
Food Nutrients (re-natured nutrients) - This advanced state of nutrient delivery in the body is the closest to the efficiency of food. The vitamins and minerals provided by this method possess the highest utilization rate of any form of supplementation and practically replicate food.
The Food Nutrients resemble real food. Food State supplements are by nature, structurally different from and much more effective than traditional chemically based (USP) forms of supplementation. Food Nutrients are bound together within their natural matrix of supporting molecules and carrier proteins. The “Food Matrix” is essential for transporting the nutrients around the body and provides the ability for the receptor cells to absorb the nutrients. Food Nutrient vitamin and mineral supplements are referred to as “re-natured” because they are converted back into a natural food matrix (and molecular structure) that enables them to be recognized by the body as ‘food’. This allows them to deliver the maximum nutritional benefit to the body. The vitamins and minerals in Food Nutrients are guided by the protein contained within the food matrix right to the cells that need the nutrients.
How Are Food Nutrients Made?
By means of a patented process, originally developed by Dr. Andrew Szalay, founder of Grow Company, vitamins and minerals are mixed into a solution of plant material that absorb the nutrients and bind them with other natural compounds to provide the necessary food matrix. The resulting nutrient complexes are as close as possible to the natural food matrix. Each nutrient ends up imbedded in a matrix that has the greatest affinity toward that specific nutrient, including the vitamins and minerals, protein, amino acids, complex carbohydrates, dietary fiber and bioflavonoids.
The Advantages of Food Nutrients in Food Matrix Form
Being 90% effective and the closest form of supplementation to food, Food Nutrients allow much greater absorption and more fully deliver the benefits of the vitamins and minerals. In this way, they are fundamentally different and substantially more effective than conventional chemically-based USP supplements.
Extensive testing has shown that, compared to other supplement forms, Food Nutrients:
- Are more effectively absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Remain in the bloodstream longer (and are excreted more slowly in the urine).
- Are considerably less prone to cause trace mineral toxicity.
- Are more gentle on the stomach.
- Perform significantly better in terms of physiological activity.
The higher quality, increased effectiveness and greater nutritional value of Food Nutrient supplements means that required dosages can be significantly lower than for other forms of supplements, the risk of unwanted effects are reduced and they offer a better “value for money” proposition. The greater absorption and effectiveness of Food Nutrients will make a significant difference to your patient’s health.
Food Nutrient – Q & A with Dr. Andrew Szalay, Food Nutrient Inventor and Founder of Grow Company
Dr. Andrew Szalay was a young scientist who studied under Dr. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi at the University of Szeged in Hungary. Dr. Szent-Gyorgyi was awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine in 1937 for the first to isolate Vitamin C and biological oxidation (Kreb’s Citric Acid Cycle). Dr. Andrew Szalay was a researcher on cellular nutrition and in 1977 created the first whole food nutrient supplement, which has since been perfected and patented into the present day Food Nutrient Series of vitamins and minerals.
Q. How did you come about discovering Food Nutrient?
Dr. Szalay: In the last step of his research, Dr. Szent-Györgyi concluded that he had found something more active than the isolated/crystallized vitamin. Furthering his work, we went through the extraction procedure the same way he did and discovered other very important carrier food factors.
Q. So what are these carriers?
Dr. Szalay: Dr. Szent-Györgyi called this substance vitamin P. This was not an individual material; it was a composition of bioflavonoids, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, complex proteins, intrinsic enzymes and essential fatty acids. We built this material around the vitamin C and made a complex out of it.
Q. Are the carriers for each vitamin different?
Dr. Szalay: Yes, if we have 14 different vitamins, the carrier food factor is different in all 14 of them. We went through the same process with the minerals. We analyzed the carriers and built them around the minerals.
Q. So how does this discovery benefit the consumer?
Dr. Szalay: First, this is a food matrix. It is not a chemical and the body recognizes it as food. In clinical trials, it was concluded that these nutrients are better absorbed and retained than chemical isolates. Second, these carrier food factors hold the key to transferring the nutrients directly to the cells providing for greater utilization and effectiveness. Chemical isolates do not have carriers therefore resulting in poor utilization.
Q. Are isolated nutrient vitamins really that different?
Dr. Szalay: Yes. The synthetic isolated chemical vitamins really were produced to imitate the original vitamins in food. These chemicals are really precursors to the vitamins.
Q. What does it mean that specific chemicals are precursors?
Dr. Szalay: It means that they have to go through one or two more steps to be an active compound. The synthetic isolated vitamins are not identical to what the researchers originally established as the chemical formulas for these vitamins. They had to come up with these precursors because the vitamins isolated from nature were not stable. The synthetic vitamins were developed because they were stable.
Q. Not stable, how?
Dr. Szalay: They would break down or decompose. They could not stand up. They would lose their potency.
Q. So you used the carrier food factors to make the vitamin compounds stable?
Dr. Szalay: Yes, we did.
Q. You must feel gratified when you see the studies showing Food Nutrient is superior.
Dr. Szalay: Independent researchers conducted the studies. As the results started to come in, we realized that we had something. After all the studies were completed, we were extremely satisfied.
Q. Finally, what is the one main benefit of Food Nutrient?
Dr. Szalay: It is difficult to clearly isolate one benefit, as there are so many. Of course its non-toxicity is a definite plus but I would say that since Food Matrix is essentially food, we receive maximum nutrition.
Food Nutrient series supplements are profoundly superior to conventional supplements:
The Importance of Melatonin for Overall Health & Fitness September 17, 2015 15:29
Let’s face it we all want to be fit. During our waking hours, supplements such as protein shakes and metabolism boosters can help us reach our fitness goals but what about the other 33% of our lives? Sleep plays a huge part in how our bodies function because that’s when it has the chance to repair itself.
Almost half of us don’t get enough sleep or have restless nights, leaving us with sub-optimal recovery time. Normally we think that after a hard workout, training session, long hike or bike ride, the strenuous activity itself would ensure we get a good night sleep. That does not always happen. These activities deplete our bodies greatly and in order to gain the benefits of and from our hard work at being fit and staying in shape, we need to get regular and optimal sleep. For many of us, 7-9 hrs of sleep is very important not just for recovery, but for the entire human body.
Melatonin regulates every aspect of human physiology. This is especially important for sleep and wake cycles, energy levels, hormone release, brain growth, muscle growth, recovery from training, and body fat. Research shows that this activity involves daily expression of over 20% of your total genome, making melatonin the largest single control system in the human body.
More and more research is showing that disrupting the melatonin rhythm even by restricting sleep to six hours a night, impairs learning, memory, glucose metabolism, immune function, appetite regulation, and athletic training. Keep in mind that athletic training is not just restricted to the elite athletes. This applies to the fitness competitor, the body builder, the weekend warrior, gym goer, boot camp participant, weight-loss challenge goals to name just a few.
When sleep is reduced, athletic performance is not only reduced, but it can often be devastated. Furthermore, with reduced sleep, inflammation and the risks of injury and illness are greatly increased. Low melatonin levels compounded with poor sleep is a recipe for increased inflammation and disrupted and disordered hormonal rhythms, which also lower the body’s immune system.
Let’s not forget body fat. Many of us wanting to be fit including athletes all want lower body fat. Athletes are always balancing muscle and fat. Keep in mind that muscle is working tissue, fat is not. Muscle is more dense than fat. Muscles takes up less surface area (hence the lean and ripped look), whereas fat is soft and takes up a lot of space and just hangs. Gain fat, and the extra dead weight reduces performance and your fitness and activity levels.
Melatonin is best known for its effectiveness as a sleep aid and regulating the sleep-wake cycle. Generally, melatonin is used for difficulty falling asleep, waking in the night, and improving overall sleep quality. Melatonin is particularly beneficial to help to overcome jetlag (especially when travelling eastbound over more that 2 time zones) and for shift workers with altered sleep schedules. A new understand is now emerging that greater health benefits of melatonin supplementation are associated with increased duration of REM and deep sleep, crucial for nightly repair, regeneration and detoxification.
Beyond sleep, research (over 6000 studies) shows that melatonin benefits are profound and far reaching. Known as the body’s most efficient free-radical scavenger with an impressive ability to control oxidative damage, melatonin has powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune properties. These properties function as brain, heart, neurological, cognitive and cancer protection through the reduction of trauma from brain injury; preventing heart muscle damage; neuroprotection; increasing cognitive functioning; and offering cancer support and reducing the toxic effects of chemotherapy.
Consider Melatonin for These Health Benefits:
Resetting the body’s sleep-wake cycles, increasing REM and total sleep time and improving sleep quality
- Difficulty falling asleep (insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome)
- Waking in the night
- Shift work and late night/altered sleep schedules
- Jet lag
Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and the body’s the most efficient free-radical scavenger.
- Cancer prevention and control
- Reduce side effects from chemotherapy (low platelet counts, neurotoxicity, cardiotoxicity, and mouth sores)
- Enhance effectiveness of standard therapy for cancer
- Protects shift-workers from known increased cancer risks
Brain Health, Neuroprotection and Healthy Cognitive Function
- Prevent neurodegenerative diseases
- Improve mild cognitive impairment, learning and memory (Alzheimer’s and dementia)
- Protect against brain injury (stroke or trauma)
- Calcification of the pineal gland - offsets age-related diminished pineal-derived melatonin availability
- Optimize brain cognitive function during natural aging process
- Depression-related sleep disturbances
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Immune and Inflammation Support
- Powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Stimulate immune system
- Improved wound healing
- Cardioprotection (angina, heart attack risk)
- Reduce night-time hypertension (cardiovascular risk factor)
- GI tract protection
- Alleviates gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Reduces functional dyspepsia symptoms
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Headaches – cluster headaches, migraines
Only about half the population gets desired sleep results with 1-3-5 mg dosage of melatonin and almost everyone is melatonin ‘deficient’, according to Harlan Lahti, Pharmacist. In the older population, melatonin production decreases due to pineal calcification and decreased pineal-derived melatonin availability.
High dose melatonin supplementation in sublingual form is both safe and significantly increases duration of REM and deep sleep for greater repair, regeneration and detoxification during sleep. When melatonin is coupled with vitamin B6, melatonin biosynthesis, secretion and absorption is enhanced. For people who ‘don’t tolerate’ melatonin (ex. restlessness, too stimulating, sleep initially worsens), Mr. Lahti’s advice is to persist for about a week with 10 mg of melatonin taken with 1 tsp (5g) of L-Glycine powder. As a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor, L-Glycine cools the core temperature of the body down for sleep preparation and allows the body to better tolerate melatonin supplementation.
Why Consider Supplementing Melatonin:
- Artificial Light - extension of daylight hours through indoor lighting suppresses production of melatonin
- Aging - decreased melatonin production occurs during aging due to pineal calcification
- Electrosmog - computers, laptops, tablets, television, and electrosmog suppress melatonin production
- Shift work - disrupts circadian cycle of melatonin and is linked to immune dysfunction and increased cancer rates
- Jet lag - jet lag and late night schedules disrupt circadian cycle of melatonin
- Non-addictive – safely resets circadian rhythms and natural sleep patterns, improving overall sleep quality
- No ‘Hangover’ – unlike other types of sleep aids, melatonin does not produce a ‘hang-over’ feeling in the morning
- Strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties - the most effective free radical scavenging ability in the body, for brain, heart, cancer and neurological protection.
Melatonin is at the forefront of cancer immunotherapy: providing immune boost properties, working with anti-tumor systems, improving tumour killing power of cytokine interleukin-2, and decreasing adverse side effects of chemotherapy and radiation including low platelet count, neurotoxicity, cardiotoxicity and mouth sores. Dosage recommendations often are as high as 50mg daily.
The All-Important Sleep Protocol:
- Melatonin + B6 10mg dosage for adults: take one tablet before or at bedtime.
- Melatonin relies on environmental light cues, with darkness as the trigger to increase production. Therefore, one hour before bed: no electronics should be used (this includes computers, tv, or cell phone), all lights should be dimmed, no exposure to bright light (ex. don’t turn on bathroom light to brush teeth).
- For the best results with Melatonin, the bedroom should be pitch-black throughout the night with no ambient light emission (ex. from alarm clocks, street lights etc).
Introducing SalvTonic: A Breakthrough Danshen/Notoginseng Formula for Cardiovascular Health August 31, 2015 15:02
SalvTonic is an herbal cardiovascular microcirculation formula that provides multi-target protection for the heart and blood vessels. The action improves circulation and blood flow, lowers total cholesterol, reduces plaque formation, and improves risk of thrombosis – all factors that contribute to angina, heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, many other vascular conditions and cold extremities.
SalvTonic offers important new help:
- Cardiovascular system protection
- Relieve chest pain induced by angina pectoris, coronary heart disease
- Improve microcirculation
- Prevent atherosclerosis and arterial plaque formation
- Increase arterial elasticity
- Improve micro and macro-vascular circulation
- Reduces platelet aggregation and adhesion
- improves fibrinolysis, anti-coagulation
- Lowers total cholesterol, increase HDL cholesterol
- Reduce type 1 & 2 diabetes vascular and nephropathy complications
Danshen is found to inhibit leukocyte adhesion, H2O2 production, and albumin leakage through the vessel wall. In complementary action, Notoginseng, inhibits leukocyte adhesion and mast cell degranulation. Each herbal compound in this formula has it’s own microcirculatory benefits reducing leukocyte-endothelium interaction and oxidative stress from Ischemia-Reprefusion-Induced injury
By increasing microcirculation, SalvTonic can reduce angina and diabetic complications. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, SalvTonic is the Natural First Choice to invigorate blood, improve blood stasis and alleviate pain in the chest due to stagnation of Qi and blood flow.
Effective and Fast Acting
- Relieve chest pain caused by cardiovascular diseases – sublingual dosage can help chest pain in minutes
- Reduce vascular diabetic complications
- Optional sublingual use for immediate action
- Over 100 published clinical trials – for angina pectoris, microcirculation, carotid atherosclerotic plaques, and Type 2 diabetes
- Undergoing Phase III FDA clinical trial for Unstable Angina (the first herbal remedy of this kind tested in the USA)
- No drug-related serious event effects reported in 917 publications
- GMO free, gluten free, vegan
Discover Toco-X-Krill: A Revolutionary Vitamin Supplement for the 21st Century July 15, 2015 09:37
Toco-X-Krill is a full spectrum tocotrienol complex (Tocomin SupraBio® from Carotech) and Neptune Krill Oil (NKO®) super antioxidant and anti-inflammatory vitamin E & Omega-3 vitamin supplement. The benefits of Toco-X-Krill are it's superior protection and repair properties for heart, brain, nerve, eye, joint, liver, cholesterol and skin.
Vitamin E is a family of eight fat-soluble compounds, namely four tocotrienols and four tocopherols (alpha, beta, gamma and delta). While alpha-tocopherol has been the most widely studied and used form of vitamin E, scientists have now discovered that different members of the vitamin E family each possess unique biological functions. It is now understood, the ideal vitamin E formula should consist of a blend of tocotrienols and tocopherols.
New tocotrienol discoveries continue to emerge, with more than 1/3 of all vitamin E research (tocotrienol research) having been published in the last 5 years. So notable are the qualities of tocotrienols that Dr. Mehmet Oz proclaimed that red palm oil (from which Toco-X-Krill tocotrienols are derived) is perhaps the ‘most miraculous find of 2013’. As groundbreaking findings continue to increase, tocotrienols are taking centre stage as the vitamin of the 21st Century!
Toco–X–Krill is ideal for anyone and essential for those over the age of 50. As we get older our bodies produce less EPA and DHA, which may cause less mental focus and cognitive function. Supplemental intake of EPA and DHA may decrease mental abnormalities such as Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
The type of vitamin E you take is very important. Not all Vitamin E is created equally. Scientists have now discovered the 8 different fat-soluble members of the vitamin E family (namely four tocotrienols and four tocopherols in alpha, beta, gamma and delta forms) each possess unique biological and anti-oxidant functions. Tocotrienols differ from tocopherols with an unsaturated double-bonded ‘shortened’ tail, allowing for increased mobility within the cell membrane and 40-60 times greater antioxidant protection.
Superior Antioxidant Potency
The molecular structures of tocotrienols and naturally occurring astaxanthin in NKO krill oil provide superior antioxidant protection.
The antioxidant power of tocotrienols:
- a-tocotrienols have 40 – 60 times potent antioxidant activity in cell membranes compared to a-tocopherol5
The antioxidant power6 of NKO® krill oil is:
- 300 times greater than vitamins A and E
- 48 times greater than Omega 3 fish oil
- 34 times greater than CoQ10
Patented Delivery System
Unique and cutting-edge technology for greater absorption, bioavailability and antioxidant potency.Tocomin SupraBio® self-emulsifying delivery system = most bioavailable tocotrienol complex available:
- Rapid transportation of tocotrienols into the blood for maximum therapeutic levels
- 250% increased absorption of each individual tocotrienol compared to regular tocotrienol and tocopherol oil extract1
- enhances delivery of tocotrienols to the heart (cardiac muscle), liver, skin, adipose, and the brain2
- increases absorption of other lipid soluble compounds including krill oil
- is not dependant on digestion, food intake or dietary fat
NKO® krill oil contains the highest naturally occurring levels of Omega 3 (DHA and EPA) phospholipids and antioxidants (astaxanthin, vitamins A and E) providing:
- 5 times higher bioavailability of EPA and DHA compared to conventional fish oils3
- enhanced permeability and concentration of Omega 3s and antioxidants into cell membranes and across blood-brain barrier
Rigorously researched and strong scientific validation for proven safety and efficacy & supported by human clinical studies:
- NKO® is only krill oil with clinically proven health benefits for joint,
Cardiovascular, cognitive and women’s health:
- Tocomin SupraBio® has nine human clinical studies currently published,
and is the only tocotrienol formulation with human tissue distribution date
studies proving the tocotrienols are distributed in significant levels to the
brain, heart, liver and adipose tissue4.
Ethically Sourced from Nature
- certified 100% non-GMO, non-soy, Kosher and Halal
- sustainably sourced red palm oil from Malaysia
- member of Roundtable of Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO)
NKO® Krill oil:
- Friends of the Sea (FOS) certification – guidelines for sustainability, energy efficiency, social accountability, non-GMO
Usage and respect for critical habitats
- strictly adheres to Antarctic Krill sustainability catch limits as set by the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine
Living Resources (CCAMLR)
- awarded NSF International certification for adhering to environmental best practices under the Antarctic Treaty and CCAMLR